Wednesday, November 19, 2008

HELP... I'm too BUSY!


So this week I met with a nutrionist as a free part of my gym membership, yep I joined a gym. I have decided and am motivated to get down to my pre-babies weight. I was pregnant for about two years straight so this the first fall I have not been pregnant since 2005. Crazy! So my nutrionist asked what my goal was and sadly enough I said, "I want to lose the weight by June, before I get pregnant again." I know it isn't the typical answer, "to fit in a swimsuit," but I want to be healthy for my next pregnancy. This was very puzzling to her at first. Why would someone want to lose weight just to get pregnant and gain weight shortly after?!? Well, I am going to get in shape and eat right and work out. This is where the TOO BUSY comes in.



I have all of these goals and motivation but how do I create more hours in the day to make it to the gym and eat right. I realized this week that I am a pretty busy person with church, work, kids, and teaching piano lessons. How do people do it? DO they have a magic potion to create more hours in the day to make healthy meals and clean the house and get to the gym? Do they have a magic potion to just make you instantly thin and looking great? I need the secret. I got to my breaking point last night when I realized I was not going to make it to the gym last night or tonight. TWO DAYS IN A ROW... this isn't looking good. HELP!! I need help... How do women do it all?

5 comments:

The Ravsten's said...

Hey friend...since I've got it ALL together, then I am the expert in this area. Yeah right. However, I have learned to say no. I also go to the gym the morning and plan on going three days a week. It doesn't always work, but I give it a try. I let the kids watch some TV when I really need some time to myself or to do something. I don't have all the answers, but I wish you luck with your endeavor. Take care Em

MEG said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Christy {The Girl Who Ate Everything} said...

I don't know how they do it all. Should I be blogging right now...absolutely not. I usually work out every morning but I have skipped it all this week because I'm so busy. Let me know if you find a secret pill. They've got to come up with a real one someday.

MEG said...

Asher doesn't look small to me though. I've found that the nurses aren't always so accurate with the measurements so I take them home and check them against charts myself. Sometimes they measure him in the wrong month and stuff like that.

Are you still taking Asher to your amazing Doctor? What a blessing that man is! Axton has been sleeping through the night since 8 weeks thanks to him!

chelsie said...

Emily - if you EVER want a gym partner - please let me know! It always helps me to know there's some fun social interaction awaiting at the gym, besides sweat and fatigue! I agree with Emily - 3 times is a great goal to start at and if you don't make it, don't dwell on it. MOVE ON and try again the next day :) Good luck and hope to see you at the gym :)