Tuesday, February 17, 2009

On the House Hunt


Many of you already know we are looking to buy a house. We have been looking for about six months and this week we think we found the right house. This was a really hard task. I am pretty picky about where I want to live. Specific boundaries/wards. Don't get me wrong, I love a lot of the people in my ward, but we are ready to find a more active ward. The house also has to meet many specifications. Had to have a big kitchen with a pantry. A room to teach piano lessons in. A basement with potential for room to grow. A backyard big enough for my kids and dog. A master bedroom with a 5-piece master bath. Be in school district 12. Have a fire place. And it had to be in my target area. So we have finally found this home. We made and offer last week and they have accepted and now we are waiting for the bank to approve the short sale. I don't know why they call it a short sale, because really it takes forever, meaning it should be called a long sale. It is a great house. It has almost everything we were looking for minus a fireplace and out of the school district. Things we can fix. It has 3 bedrooms and a loft, and my favorite - upstairs laundry room. A huge basement and views of Denver and the Mountains. We are so excited. We are just waiting now to see if it all works out and if it does, we will be moving in late April. YAY!!! We will keep you updated!

7 comments:

Dylan, Holly, and Aspen said...

That's exciting. Hopefully everything works out. Who ever thought looking for a house would be so hard. But I'm glad that you found one that you love, so good luck!

Vehars said...

Congrats! Good luck with everything!

Collin and Traci said...

YAY!!! I love your blog (don't worry that i started reading "loving my crazy life" and finally realized it was definitely not cool enough to be yours)!!! Great pics! and i hope you get the casa!!! you'll have to show us this wknd!!

The Ravsten's said...

Amy had mentioned this on Sunday and I'm soooo excited for you guys to get out of your storage unit! Best wishes for a "quick" sale.

Ami said...

Wow Emily!! It looks like a great house. I'm going to be super happy for you even though I will be SOOOO seriously sad to see you guys go. LAME, buy YAY!!

MEG said...

Perfect timing for the 15K tax credit huh? I thought buying a house was so stressful. I really thought it would be charming and easy but it wasn't. I'm so glad that you found a great house - it's hard to do! Congratulations!!!!!

Buschfest said...

We cannot wait for you to move - CLOSE! :)