Sunday, January 2, 2011

I'm gonna be a better blogger...





I really want to be a better blogger, but man it is hard to sit and post. Since my last post almost a year and half ago, a lot has happened. We have our beautiful twins and what an adventure this year has been. We love having four kids.

I have really enjoyed the challenges and joys twins bring. I realized that you can parent twins just like a single baby, and that has made all the difference. They are very routine and are great babies. They have slept through the night since 8 weeks, they eat great, they have such fun personalities and they love people. I make it a point to go somewhere once a day, you may think this is a little crazy, but really taking 4 kids to the store is not that bad. We go everywhere and we have fun.

Aydan and Asher are becoming better friends and love to play with each other. They wrestle all of the time but their favorite thing is to jump on the trampoline. They can spend hours in the back yard jumping. Aydan is in kindergarten and loves school. He is getting so smart, it has been so much fun to see him learn.

Asher is going to school one day a week and he absolutely loves going. Every day he wants to go. He loves helping the babies, but sometimes he is too helpful.


Life is crazy sometimes, but we prefer it that way. We don't want to get to lax or bored around here. I love being a mom and enjoy learning new stuff about being a parent. I like to think I could write a book some day about being a mom. Not that I know any more than the next mom but everybody's experiences are different. Instead of a book and I will just share those experiences here and what works for me as a mother.

2011 is going to be a great year. I am looking forward to everything that comes my way. We had a rough start yesterday...babies to children's hospital, bad case of croup...I was struck with the stomach flu today. Not the best way to start the year, but we take everything in stride.

3 comments:

Itty_Bitty_Wittes said...

What an adorable family! I hope you blog more and more! :)

MEG said...

What day did you get the stomach flu? I got it after we went to McDonalds...maybe it was the McD's and not the stomach flu... :(

It was great to see you! I'd love to hear some of your parenting tips! I love hearing things that work for other people because it sure makes life easier!

The Ravsten's said...

Yeah! Welcome back to blogging. Love the entry. Hope you are feeling better. Happy 2011!